CompetencyWorks and iNACOL are hosting an introductory webinar on competency-based education on Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
ET. We will provide an introduction to K-12 competency-based education, explore the definition of competency education, share trends, explain why schools and districts are making this transition, and describe how this system more effectively prepares students for post-secondary success. Register here, and please consider sharing this with your networks on Twitter:
- Upcoming webinar with @CompetencyWorks & @nacol on “Intro to #CompetencyEd for #EdLeaders & #Teachers.” Register: http://ow.ly/iREP309VSTj
iNACOL has moved the iNACOL Symposium 2017 from North Carolina to Orlando on October 23-25, 2017. Read more about this
decision in a letter from Susan Patrick. The Symposium is featuring a full track of sessions specifically related to competency education. Other tracks include leadership, research, community engagement, professional development, and many more. This year’s theme is: “Personalizing Learning: Equity, Access, Quality.” Attendee registration will open in April 2017.
In case you missed
it, CompetencyWorks is publishing a blog series highlighting the implementation of competency education in Colorado’s District 51. This blog series explores their year-one progress and designing the conditions to make this shift possible:
- Designing Performance-Based Learning at D51
- Building Consensus for Change at D51
- The Vision of Performance-Based Education at D51
- Holacracy: Organizing for Change at D51
- Growing into the Framework: D51’s Implementation Strategy
- Laying the Foundation with Culture and Climate
- Supporting Teachers at D51: A Conversation with the Professional Learning Facilitators
- Creating a Transparent Performance-Based System at D51
- New Emerson: Learning the Effective Practices of the Learner-Centered Classroom
- Transparency and Trust
- Lincoln Orchard Mesa: What Did You Notice?
- Performance-Based Learning in a Dual Immersion School
- R5 High School: Abuzz with Learning
Chris Sturgis, MetisNet
Susan Patrick, iNACOL
Natalie Abel, iNACOL