Session Learning Outcomes:
- Understand daily toxic stress. Students experiencing deprivation wake up and go to sleep experiencing daily toxic stress, which is the true creator of learning loss.
- Understand how attachment and relationship, a deep and enduring emotional bond between a student and a caring adult, is key to mitigating learning loss and increasing academic success.
- Understand why mental health is not a linear experience. You cannot schedule it into homeroom with a mini social emotional learning course. An emotional breakdown doesn’t happen when the counselor is free.
- Alfonso Paz, PazLo Education Foundation
- Cesar Lopez, PazLo Education Foundation
- Ana Solis, Student