Session Learning Outcomes:
- Understand how EquityxDesign enhances traditional design by acknowledging the importance of designer and user identities – including race, class, and gender identities.
- Use an equity lens to reflect on current strengths and growth areas within your classroom, school, or organization to identify areas to apply EquityxDesign practices.
- Practice various equity-focused empathy tools to build a deeper understanding of yourself and your user.
- Constance Parham, Manager, School Design and Innovation, DC Public Schools Design Lab | @Constance_Belle
- Lizz Rene, Manager, Equity Strategy and Programming, DC Public Schools Design Lab | @DCPSEquity