11:00 AM – 11:50 AM ET
Day 1 Keynote Plenary
Future of Education: Leapfrogging in a Time of Crisis
There is an opportunity and urgency for fundamental systems change in K-12 education across the United States. The context of teaching and learning has changed, but the systems in which they are situated have not. Now, more than ever, there is an imperative to leapfrog and create ecosystems for learning anytime and anywhere.
In this keynote, presenters will describe a macro approach for leapfrogging education inequity, the need for innovative future-ready teaching and learning, and the complex systems shifts that need to occur. Education transformation needs to occur in four dimensions: teaching and learning; recognition of learning; diversifying people and places; and harnessing technology. This keynote will draw on leading-edge research on strategies to realize that vision, from policy to innovative programs, to new ways of thinking about learning ecosystems that transcend education, communities, and the workforce. Join this conversation to hear from education leaders driving the transformation of education systems, accelerating breakthrough policies and practices, and creating broad learning ecosystems that advance equitable futures and create pathways for all youth.
- Welcome and Opening – Susan Patrick, Aurora Institute
- Leapfrogging Inequality: Remaking Education to Help Young People Thrive – Dr. Rebecca Winthrop, The Brookings Institution
- Global Competence, Equity and Education Systems Change – Dr. Tony Jackson, Asia Society
- A Promise for Equitable Futures: Enabling Systems Change to Scale Educational and Economic Mobility Pathways – Dr. Katherine Casey, imaginEDU
12:00 PM – 12:50 PM ET
Systems Change: Bright Spots in Driving Collective Change
Join this keynote presentation of bright spots — programs and initiatives from organizations driving innovations for equity at the local, state, and national levels — to accelerate education systems change. Be inspired by leaders as they share deep shifts in thinking to create more innovative approaches to address long-standing issues and tackle problems in novel ways. The session will highlight their work and offer snapshots to build knowledge on promising work across the field to support equity-driven, future-focused education.
- Opening – Susan Patrick, Aurora Institute
- The Power of Voice and Ownership in Designing for Equity and Excellence – Oscar Santos, Center for Collaborative Education
- Mastery Transcript Consortium – Stacy Caldwell, MTC
- Future Workforce Now – Rachael Stephens, National Governors Association
Day 1 Breakout Sessions
1:00 – 2:00 PM ET
Book Clubs: Meet the Experts with Authors
2:15 – 3:30 PM ET