Teachers, principals, coaches, superintendents, state policymakers, advocates, researchers, and students come each year to connect to community, to be inspired, and to be challenged. They come to learn and share practices that foster deep learning, real-world application of critical skills, and an orientation toward lifelong learning. The annual symposium expresses a vision of a world where all people are empowered to attain the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to achieve success, contribute to their communities, and advance society. Together, we are working toward redefining what education is and what it can be.
Our collective efforts are disrupting inequitable K-12 education practices and supporting all youth to successfully face their futures.
Join us for 3.5 days of active learning, critical examination of the most pressing issues in K-12 education, rigorous exploration of new learning models, dynamic investigations into how districts are managing and leading innovation, and full immersion into personalized, student-centered pedagogy. Leave enlightened and equipped to take action in your school community.
Why You Should Attend
Education innovation experts and professional educators make the Aurora Institute Symposium their annual conference of choice because they want to access the largest community of active practitioners, thought leaders, and policy leaders advancing powerful, personalized learning experiences and learner-centered innovative models.
Join us if you seek to:
- Sharpen your knowledge and skills on what’s possible in education and expand your professional network;
- Build a deeper understanding of the latest trends in future-focused, student-centered learning;
- Raise your visibility in the field and tap into the energy that is driving the future of teaching and learning;
- Learn from other practitioners and leading educators about what works and find solutions to designing innovative new models in K-12 education; or
- Push your school and community to leave the comfort zone of time-bound, centuries-old and inequitable practices.
You’ll have access to:
- Nearly 200 hands-on sessions and workshops in multiple strands, such as competency-based education, personalized learning, leading change, policy advocacy, assessments for learning, school redesign, and modernizing professional learning;
- Intensely focused, hands-on workshops;
- Dynamic keynotes and featured sessions from internationally acclaimed education luminaries;
- Innovation Corner, a one-stop ideas showcase;
- Discovery of new teaching and learning models;
- Student voices sharing their experiences in future-focused learning environments;
- Networking reception and special events; and
- Book signings, campfire chats, and birds-of-a-feather roundtables.