Aurora Institute is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized intern to support the programmatic design, implementation, and execution of field-building events, including its flagship event, the Aurora Institute Symposium.
- Author or co-author blog posts and other resources to be shared publicly on Aurora Institute’s website, as well as in internal reports, guides, and summary documents.
- Support Aurora’s network of cutting-edge leaders working to transform education as they prepare for presenting and attending our signature event, the Aurora Institute Symposium. This includes the development of information sheets, guides, and other materials, which will expand the intern’s knowledge about cutting-edge policies and practices across K-12 education and provide access to Aurora’s extensive network of leaders across the field.
- Perform background research and meet with partners across the field to solicit new ideas for hosting in-person, hybrid, and virtual events focused on transforming education systems.
- Synthesize Symposium attendee evaluation data and develop an internal summary report.
- Participate in virtual events to improve networking skills and learn about education innovation, and present summaries of key takeaways to Aurora staff.
- Draft session planning and facilitation guides for keynotes and speakers.
- Serve as Zoom room session monitors for live breakout sessions online.
- Participate in skills workshops to develop new knowledge and demonstrate competencies in goal setting, analytical thinking, communicating, problem-solving, team-building, presenting, and synthesizing information — while honing networking and interviewing skills.