Competency Education Strand at VSS
For all of you who are attending the Virtual Schools Symposium in NOLA next month, there is a great series of workshops on competency education. In addition to the pre-conference workshop, Pathways to Mastery-based, Personalized Student Learning with Susan Patrick, Laura Shubilla and Kim Carter, you can go to the following sessions:
• The Art and Science of Designing Competencies with Kim Carter, Q.E.D. Foundation
• Mastery for the Masses: 4 keys to leveraging mastery based education to improve student outcomes in ANY school with Mary Esselman, Education Achievement Authority
• Using PBL to Meet Multiple Competencies Rose Colby and Andrew Miller
• Learning Maps, Common IDs and the Common Core with Brandt Redd, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
• Personalizing Education for the Planet with Jessica Shabin, Knewton
• Proficiency-based Study: How 150 Teachers Disregard Calendar, Clock, & Curriculum to Develop a Proficiency-based Teaching & Learning Framework with Diane Smith, Business Education Compact
• Implementing a Response to Intervention Program Through Blended Learning and Digital Tools with Amy Bray, VOISE Academy High School
• Standards Based Education with Targeted Online Learning Modules with Ron Mayberry, Internet Academy
• Off the Clock: Moving Education from Time to Competency with Rose Colby.
See ya there!