Learning About Competency Education
Every week, we are getting more emails and calls from districts across the nation about how to move forward in the process of converting to competency education. After we get these calls, we try to put together wiki pages with the resources so that others can get access to them, as well. So I’ve put a number of the links below. As always, a wiki is a work in progress, so if you have ideas of what else should be added, just send them my way. Or if you know about a topic, we’d love to have you put together a wiki page on a question, issue or topic.
- What are the best ways to talk about competency education?
- What readings and tools are districts using to help build a shared vision?
- What does it look like in the classroom?
- What does student voice and choice look like in a competency-based school?
- Resources on state policy and links to each state
- What does competency education look like in school?
Other burning questions you’d like to get some help on? Just leave a comment.