Below is a competency-based education for community colleges webinar series, hosted by CBEinfo:
- Tuesday, March 1, 3:00 p.m. ET: Delivering a CBE Program. Register here.
- Tuesday, April 5, 3:00 p.m. ET: Regulatory Issues. Register here.
- Tuesday, May 3, 3:00 p.m. ET: Sustainability Challenges. Register here.
FYI: If you miss the webinars, you can access the recorded archives here.
The First World Summit on Competency-Based Education, organized by the International Competency Based Medical Education Collaborators (ICBMED), is being held in Barcelona, Spain on August 26-27, 2016 as a pre-conference activity.
News from the Field
- The ED Inspector General is auditing Western Governors University over the role of faculty in its competency education programs. A forthcoming bill from Reps. Matt Salmon (R-Ariz.) and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) could provide relief to WGU from this federal scrutiny.
- Julian L. Assid, Chief Workforce Strategist at College for America at Southern Hew Hampshire University, highlights 5 best practices for building a competency-based education program.
- Pearson released a Competency-Based Education Playbook, which offers a framework to help higher education leaders think about, organize and manage the many phases and decisions involved in developing a successful CBE program.
- Jobs for the Future released an issue brief exploring the potential of competency education to meet the needs of unprepared adult learners through faster and more flexible routes to college completion.