What’s New in Competency-Based Higher Education?
News from the Field
- The University of Wisconsin Flexible Option (launched by UW-Extention) has 780 students enrolled and 26 graduates 5 years after launch.
- Here is an article on the market of learning management systems in higher education.
- The end-of-summer issue of the Journal of Competency-Based Educatoin was recently published here.
- This article by Steven Mintz rethinks the discourses of higher education innovation.
Competency-Based Education Webinar Series
CBE Info announced the continuation of the CBE for Community Colleges webinar series this academic year. The webinars are free to attend.
There is a growing interest in competency-based education (CBE) for higher education as one of the approaches to accelerate students’ progress-to-degree while assuring the quality and validity. The CBEinfo.org webinars will help those that wish to understand how CBE can work and how they can get started on the development of CBE programs at their own institutions.
For more information including speakers, times, and registration, visit here.
- CBE Institutional Buy-In, 10/19/2016
- CBE Financial Aid, 11/16/2016
- CBE Course Demos, 11/30/2016
- CBE Assessment Delivery and Proctoring, 1/18/2017
- CBE Orientation Courses, 2/15/2017
- CBE Completion Strategies, 3/1/2017
- CBE Transcripting, 4/19/2017
For more news and updates in competency-based higher education, sign up for our monthly newsletter on our homepage and follow us on Twitter: @CompetencyWorks.