Below are news and recently released resources about competency-based education in institutions of higher education.
- 5 Lessons for Launching Your First Competency-Based Degree in eCampus news highlights insights from Fatma Mili, a Purdue associate dean.
- Schools of education will find Getting Smart’s articles on preparing principals interesting: Next Gen Principal Prep: Blended, Personalized, Competency-based and Preparing Principals: Consider the Adaptive Challenge. You might also find Virgel Hammonds’ reflections on leading a proficiency-based district helpful as well.
- Southern New Hampshire Reshaping Higher Ed Landscape in Getting Smart.
- New Models of Higher Education in Inside Higher Education.
- This coverage of a session on competency-based education at the EDUCAUSE conference in eCampus news includes definition of cbe.
- The Real Revolution in Online Learning isn’t MOOCs, by Michelle Weise in the Harbard Business Review.
- Public-College Leaders Rail Against Education Dept.’s ‘Regulatory Culture’ in The Chronicle of Higher Education.