What’s New in K-12 Competency Education
- Equity in Competency Education: Realizing the Potential, Overcoming the Obstacles published by Jobs for the Future and authored by Matthew W. Lewis, Rick Eden, Chandra Garber, Mollie Rudnick, Lucrecia Santibañez, and Tiffany Tsai
- Learning Strategies as Metacognitive Factors: A Critical Review by David T. Conley, Education Policy Improvement Center
- A new definition of personalized learning has been developed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and partners. It includes four components: competency-based progression, flexible learning environments, personal learning paths, learner profiles.
- Lighting the Path to Personalized Learning: Inspiring Stories from Next Gen Schools developed by Getting Smart and NGLC.
News and Blogs
- Where’s the person in personalized learning? by Julia Freeland is a must read, reminding us to keep our focus for personalization on our students.
- How Can Students Have More Say in School Decisions? by Holly Korbey in Mind/Shift