State policymakers across the country are addressing the need to modernize K-12 education, not only as a strategy for pandemic recovery today, but also as an approach to rethinking the education systems we need for the future. Watch this archived webinar with experts from the Aurora Institute, KnowledgeWorks, and Education Commission of the States, who shared state policy trends in competency-based education and personalized learning from 2021. The webinar discussed recommended policy guidance and pathways forward to support student-centered learning. Participants gained insights from policymakers in two states—Utah and Washington—advancing breakthrough policies for transitioning their education systems to better meet the needs of students.
- Jon Alfuth, Director of State Policy, KnowledgeWorks
- Ben Erwin, Policy Analyst, Education Commission of the States
- Fred Jones, Policy Director, Aurora Institute
- Alissa Muller, Director of the Mastery-Based Learning Collaborative, Washington State Board of Education
- Angie Stallings, Deputy Superintendent of Policy, Utah State Board of Education