This webinar was recorded on .
This webinar was recorded on January 25, 2023. You can find the slides and the recording below.
This webinar examined what competency-based education looks like in practice in schools and discussed professional learning resources for transitioning to a competency-based approach.
- Learn about what competency-based education is, why it is important, and what policies are needed to enable the shift to CBE systems.
- Learn how educators and students in two different systems have approached the shift to CBE in their settings.
- Reflect on what it means to center equity in transforming the culture, structure, and pedagogy of K-12 schools and districts.
- John Clemente, Co-Founder, and Executive Director, South Bronx Community Charter High School
- Travis Lape, Innovative Programs Director, Harrisburg School District, South Dakota
- Laurie Gagnon, CompetencyWorks Program Director, The Aurora Institute
- Students – Haley and Nash, Harrisburg School District, South Dakota
- Students – Maria and Louisianny, South Bronx Community Charter High School