State Policy, Build Balanced Systems of Assessments, Issues in Practice, Create Balanced Systems of Assessments
Assessment for Learning Project: Rethinking Assessments for Deeper Learning
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
“For too long, assessment has been something that is ‘done to’ kids instead of with them,” said Gene Wilhoit, Center for Innovation in Education (CIE) Executive Director.
In March 2016, CIE and Next Generation Learning Challenges announced $2 million in grant awards for 12 Assessment for Learning projects to support educators in fundamentally rethinking the core roles that assessment can play to support the attainment of deeper learning. These 12 grantees are designing innovative ways to use assessment to build student agency, support a broader definition of student success and envision new systems of assessment and accountability.
View this archived webinar to learn about assessment’s essential roles in the learning process as learning models become more personalized and competency-based. Help inform and develop crucial enablers such as:
- Models of assessments and accountability system design,
- Models of teacher capacity building and professional judgment, and
- Using technology to inform instruction and create a student-centered learning experience.
- Linda Pittenger, Chief Operating Officer, Center for Innovation in Education (CIE)
- Sarah Lench, Senior Associate for Research and Partnerships, Center for Innovation in Education (CIE)