State Policy, Base Learning on Mastery Not Seat Time, Create Enabling Conditions for Competency-Based Education, Issues in Practice, Lead Change and Innovation
Competency Works: Spanning the Grades: A District Perspective on Implementing Competency Education
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
This webinar provides practitioners, advocates and policymakers with the opportunity to hear directly from leaders at MSAD 15. Located in Gray-New Gloucester, Maine, these innovators began transforming their district to a student-centered, proficiency-based model. This webinar addresses the following questions:
- Why did MSAD 15 decide to embrace a proficiency-based model?
- What was the pre-implementation process?
- What was the overall structure or approach used?
- What were the major implementation issues?
- How does MSAD 15’s approach vary across elementary, middle, and high schools?
Download the slidedeck or recording to gain insight into MSAD 15’s transformation to a student-centered learning model.