Support Professional Learning, Rethink Instruction, Activate Student Agency, Engage Community, Create Enabling Conditions for Competency-Based Education
Learning Models for Difference Making in Communities
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
VIRTUAL PRE-SYMPOSIUM WEBINAR
Students need learner-centered environments and community-connected projects to grow leadership skills. Difference Making is the superpower of the new economy—spotting opportunities and delivering valuable, real-world impact. When educators are intentional with anytime, anywhere learning in their instructional strategy, students are able to contribute and make a difference. Participants will become familiar with the components and vocabulary of Difference Making from practicing educators.
- Participants will be equipped to draft a strategic plan to bring back to their learning communities and begin Difference Making with their learners.
- Participants will conduct a gap analysis and readiness assessment for incorporating Difference Making into their school culture.
- Participants will outline a draft for a Difference Making strategic plan, culturally-tailored to the curricular and professional learning needs of their schools.
- Tom Vander Ark, CEO, Getting Smart | @tvanderark
- Lillian Hsu, Principal, Latitude High School | @latitude378
- Teresa Poppen, Executive Director and Co-Founder, One Stone | @onestoneidaho
- Deion Jordan, Director of Competencies, Crosstown High | @deion_jordan