The Mid-Atlantic Conference on Personalized Learning (MACPL) is the premier regional conference for those transforming K-12 education. Experts and educational leaders exploring the leading edge of next generation learning in K-12 education will convene February 29 to March 2, 2016 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront in Baltimore, MD.
Featuring more than 60 sessions focused solely on personalizing learning for K-12 students, this conference is jointly organized by the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) and the Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU), Pennsylvania’s leading intermediate unit in blended and online learning.
This regional conference will be a gathering of experts, leading practitioners and educators, policymakers, researchers and innovators seeking to transform teaching and learning. The conference affords attendees with many opportunities for professional learning, discussion and networking. Follow @MACPL and during the event, join the conversation on twitter using #MACPL16.
Keynote speakers for MACPL include:
- Susan Patrick, President and CEO of iNACOL
- Kelly Young, Director of Education Reimagined
- Aisha Woodward, Legislative Assistant to Senator Angus King
- Dr. Gayle Allen, Chief Learning Officer at BrightBytes and author of the recently published The New Pillars of Modern Teaching
This event features over 60 breakout workshops and sessions on advancing personalized, competency-based, blended and online learning. Examples of workshops and sessions include:
- Competency-Based Schooling for ELLs
- Strategies for Personalized Learning Leaders
- Gaining Stakeholder Buy-In for Blended Learning
- Tips & Tricks to Making Smart EdTech Decisions
- Project-Based Learning Essentials
- An Open Source Competency-Based Model
- Putting Personalized Learning into Play: 7 Tips
- Supporting At-Risk Students
- Leading Innovation… from the Grassroots
See the full conference agenda and sessions here.
Innovators’ Showcase and Lounge
This conference features the Innovators’ Showcase and Lounge, where start-up and early-stage companies in the K-12 and ed-tech sectors hone their products and receive feeback from leaders, educators and innovators across the field. Each participating organization will be allocated a 20-30 minute block to present and receive feedback from conference participants. Learn more about the Innovators’ Showcase and Lounge here.
MACPL will be held at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, a premier hotel located along Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor. The hotel rate will be honored 3 days prior to the conference as well as 3 days after the conference ends.
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
700 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
iNACOL members are eligible for a $60 registration discount.* Email [email protected] to get the discount code for registration.
*Limited number of member registrations available.