CompetencyWorks is hosting a National Summit on K-12 Competency-Based Education in Denver, Colorado on June 21-23, 2017.
The Summit is invitation-only and will convene 100 leading innovators to move the field of competency-based education through the next generation of ideas and actionable outcomes, with a specific focus on equity and diversity. The Summit will tackle 6 issues: equity, policy, quality, meeting kids where they are, identifying emerging issues and revising the working definition of competency education. Leading up to the Summit, CompetencyWorks designed a participatory process to engage a wider network of experts and ensure we’re tapping into the collective knowledge of the field. Learn more about the Summit on CompetencyWorks.org.
In advance of the Summit, CompetencyWorks released new draft reports exploring key issues challenging the field of competency education:
- An Introduction to the National Summit on K-12 Competency-Based Education
- In Pursuit of Equality: Guiding Principles for Equity Strategies in Personalized, Competency-Based Education
- Meeting Students Where They Are
- Fit for Purpose: Taking the Long View on Systems Change and Policy to Support Competency Education
- In Search of Efficacy: Defining the Elements of Quality in a Competency-Based Education System
These papers, which draw on the collective leadership, creativity and expertise of leaders across the country, will chart the course for the field of competency education through the next wave of innovation, implementation and expansion.