VIRTUAL PRE-SYMPOSIUM WEBINAR
In this hands-on workshop, we’ll walk through several barriers to motivation and identify strategies to help students and adults engage, persist, and reach mastery. We’ll pay particular attention to how identity, including race and socioeconomic status, impacts motivation, as well as the impact of the COVID crisis. You will leave this session with a better understanding of how to apply the principles of learning science to design learning experiences for school leaders, teachers, and students.
- Be able to identify potential barriers to student and adult motivation.
- Apply strategies for removing barriers to motivation in several real-world examples.
- Leave the workshop with strategies to apply to at least one context in your own schools.
- Katrina Stevens, Director, Learning Science, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative | @KatrinaStevens1
- Julio Chow-Gambia, Senior Manager, Educator Capacity, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative