Commit to Equity, Design for Educational Equity
Straight Outta COVID-19: Designing for Equity
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
Inequity by design has always existed in education. COVID-19 has only exacerbated the barriers that have been intentionally woven in the fabric of our society. Since we’re coming straight outta the COVID-19 time period, during this session, we’ll be engaging in a design-centered approach to break down systems that were created to stratify and build truly equitable systems in their place. Participants will also explore what it means to innovate for justice and never return to the status quo.
- Analyze the impacts of COVID 19 as a way to understand historical patterns of inequity by design our education system.
- Be able to engage in critical discourse about how equity in the classroom supports the academic success of every student.
- Understand how equity and culturally responsive teaching drives instruction to meet the needs of students, online and in the classroom.
- Karla Vigil, Chief Executive Officer, Equity Institute | @karlaevigil
- Julianna Charles Brown, Director of Systems Transformation, KnowledgeWorks | @think_in_policy