WASHINGTON, D.C. (Jan. 17, 2017) – On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, a Leadership Webinar will explore key findings in a recent report by the Center for Innovation in Education on transformative leadership to drive toward the future state of K-12 education.
The Center for Innovation in Education (CIE) released a powerful new report, Leadership for Learning: What is Leadership’s Role in Supporting Success for Every Student?, which provides a new vision for leaders transforming education around new systems and models. This report delivers an actionable understanding of what leadership means in the new education environment, challenging the field to think more broadly about effective leadership for transformative change.
Join this webinar to discuss the findings in this report and engage in an exchange of ideas around transformative leadership. Topics will include:
- Creating higher, better-aligned expectations and learner experiences,
- Exploring new frontiers in education innovation,
- Foregrounding equity in the design of new models, and
- Creating an aligned, supportive policy environment to enable implementation at scale.
Susan Patrick, CEO of iNACOL said, “This report is an urgent call to action for leaders to begin a deep exploration around transformative leadership and engage in a rich exchange of ideas about future-focused learning grounded in equity and inclusion.”
This webinar is free to attend-participants are invited to register here for final details and login information.
- Gene Wilhoit, Executive Director, National Center for Innovation for Education
- Linda Pittenger, Chief Operating Officer, National Center for Innovation for Education
- Jim Rickabaugh, Senior Advisor, The Institute for Personalized Learning
The mission of the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) is to catalyze the transformation of K-12 education policy and practice to advance powerful, personalized, learner-centered experiences through competency-based, blended and online learning. iNACOL is a non-profit organization focusing on research, developing policy for student-centered education to ensure equity and access, developing quality standards for emerging learning models using competency-based, blended and online education, and supporting the ongoing professional development of school and district leaders for new learning models. Visit our website, like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on twitter.