iNACOL Webinar Presents What Learners Need to Thrive in a Changing World: Building Richer Definitions of Student Success
Washington, D.C. (December 12, 2017) – On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) will host a Leadership webinar to explore ways to build richer definitions of student success in K-12 personalized learning models.
What skills do students need to thrive in a world of change? Enabling students to develop 21st-century competencies requires a thorough reimagining of the goals, processes, and structures that define our schools.
Join this webinar to explore the MyWays Student Success Framework, which shares research and practical tools to help school leaders and communities develop broader, deeper competencies for student success. This framework is organized around four essential questions:
- Why the urgency to change? What are the profound new realities and challenges facing today’s high school graduates that our schools must address now?
- Whatare the richer, deeper definitions of 21st-century success that we should explicitly redesign our schools to develop among our students, given the rapidly evolving society and fast-changing economy they are entering?
- Howcan designs for learning and the organizations of schools directly support students’ attainment of a richer, deeper definition of success?
- Howdo we gauge students’ progress in developing these competencies? How can we measure and articulate our school’s overall performance, beyond proficiency in math and English language arts?
iNACOL CEO Susan Patrick said, “Education leaders and educators across the country are reframing and transforming K-12 education to ensure that students are building the skills they’ll need to succeed. They are working with their communities to develop richer, deeper, more meaningful definitions of student success that give students the skills and dispositions to flourish in a rapidly changing, globalized world.”
This webinar is free to attend — participants are invited to register here for final details and login information.
Webinar Title: What Learners Need to Thrive in a Changing World: Building Richer Definitions of Student Success
- Andy Calkins, Director, Next Generation Learning Challenges
- Ellen Hume-Howard, Executive Director, New Hampshire Learning Initiative
- Scott Frauenheim, President, Distinctive Schools
- Jennifer Ferrari, Vice President, Distinctive Schools
The mission of the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) is to drive the transformation of education systems and accelerate the advancement of breakthrough policies and practices to ensure high-quality learning for all. iNACOL is a non-profit organization focusing on research, developing policy for student-centered education to ensure equity and access, developing quality standards for emerging learning models using competency-based, blended, and online education, and supporting the ongoing professional development of school and district leaders for new learning models. Visit our website, like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.