[MEDIA ADVISORY] Thousands of Education Systems Change Advocates to Attend 2019 iNACOL Symposium
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 24, 2019) – iNACOL will host more than 3,000 people in Palm Springs Oct. 28-31, for its 2019 Symposium, “Shining a Light on the Future of Learning.”
At the opening keynote address, iNACOL President and CEO Susan Patrick will announce the organization’s rebrand, which comes after nearly three years of developmental work. The rebrand is designed to match the organization’s name with the mission, adopted in late 2017 by its board of directors.
iNACOL’s annual conference is education’s leading event shaping the future of K-12 education. Experts, practitioners, educators, school and district leaders, policymakers and researchers gather to discuss big ideas and innovations and work together to create a path toward transforming the nation’s education system.
WHO: 3,000 Experts, practitioners, educators, policymakers and researchers
- Brooke Stafford-Brizard of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative will discuss student mental health.
- Derek Wenmoth of Core Education (New Zealand) will cover global trends affecting K-12 education.
- Jackie Statum Allen, Bush Foundation; Supt. Kirsten Baesler, ND State Supt. of Education; and Dr. James Lane, VA Supt. of Public Instruction will offer examples of moving districts from traditional, one-size-fits-all school models to new student-centered learning models.
- Virgel Hammonds, of KnowledgeWorks, will lead our discussion with a panel of students who are experiencing new learning models firsthand.
- Pedro Noguera, Distinguished Professor of Education, Graduation School of Education and Information Services, UCLA, will discuss educational leadership and helping build schools’ capacity for change.
iNACOL Innovator Award Recipients
WHAT: iNACOL 2019 Symposium
WHEN: October 28-31, 2018
WHERE: Palm Springs Convention Center, 277 N Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Registration is open for the iNACOL Symposium. Members of the press and media receive complimentary access to the Symposium. Here is a link to the agenda and 200+ sessions for more details.
The mission of iNACOL is to drive the transformation of education systems and accelerate the advancement of breakthrough policies and practices to ensure high-quality learning for all. Visit our website, like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.