How to Talk about the Shift Toward Competency-Based, Personalized Learning
Washington, D.C. (March 20, 2018) – On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT, iNACOL (@nacol) will host a webinar to discuss how education leaders can communicate about the transition toward a personalized, competency-based system in K-12 education.
Join this webinar to learn ways to communicate with various stakeholder groups about shifting toward a personalized, competency-based system. Participants will gain an understanding of emerging national trends from a recent survey and landscape analysis on the best ways to educate audiences about what personalized learning is, and what it is not. They’ll be shown how to tailor these promising practices to their local context.
iNACOL President and CEO Susan Patrick said, “Interest and momentum for personalized, competency-based education are growing nationally. Consistent and effective communication and community engagement about this shift is crucial to successful transformation, and ultimately to the results we all seek for students.”
This webinar is free to attend — participants are invited to register here for final details and login information.
Webinar Title: Communication Strategies for Education Leaders Shifting Toward Competency-Based, Personalized Learning
- Chris Sturgis, Principal, MetisNet; Co-Founder, CompetencyWorks
- Karla Esparza-Phillips, Policy Director, Personalized Learning, ExcelinEd
The mission of iNACOL is to drive the transformation of education systems and accelerate the advancement of breakthrough policies and practices to ensure high-quality learning for all. Visit our website, like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on twitter.
- How can K-12 leaders craft a compelling narrative around the national shift toward #competencybased #personalizedlearning? A @nacol #webinar will explore. https://www.inacol.org/event/communication-strategies-education-leaders-shifting-toward-competency-based-education/
- Join @nacol @sturgis_chris & @azkarla of @ExcelinEd on April 3 to talk about how school leaders can effectively communicate on trend toward competency-based, #personalizedlearning. https://www.inacol.org/event/communication-strategies-education-leaders-shifting-toward-competency-based-education/
- Momentum for personalized, competency-based education is growing nationally. Join @nacol for a discussion on how to move stakeholders in the right direction. https://www.inacol.org/event/communication-strategies-education-leaders-shifting-toward-competency-based-education/