Online Learning: Top 5 Federal Policy Issues
iNACOL released this policy brief providing federal legislators with background information and concrete, actionable recommendations on 5 key issues within student-centered, competency-based education. Online Learning: Top 5 Federal Policy Issues advocates for the following key policy takeaways:
- Base accountability on individual student growth models to support student-centered, competency-based learning.
- Support performance-based systems of assessments.
- Support federal research for high-quality online learning.
- Support human capital development through redesigned pre-service/in-service training for online and blended learning.
- Ensure reliable and ubiquitous student access to the Internet and quality learning materials.
These federal policy recommendations are designed to transform the learning environment toward competency-based systems, where each student has access to a world-class education.