Opening Keynote: 11:00 – 11:50 AM ET
Igniting a Vision for Education Systems Transformation: Future Directions in Policy and Practice
What would it take to transform education systems such that each child has what they need to develop their full academic, social, and personal capacity? At the Aurora Institute, we believe the time is long past due to fundamentally rethink our nation’s education system. Incremental change is not enough.
To transform education, we must reimagine every aspect of the education system. From time and place to path and space, we must examine the world of possibilities where learning is unbounded, anytime, anywhere, and personalized for each student. What does this look like around the globe and nation post-pandemic? How do we get started in charting a course for rethinking our education systems from the ground up?
Join this keynote for a national and global perspective on how to achieve the change our students need, including a call to action to:
- Redesign for next generation teaching and learning;
- Recognize learning that happens anytime, anywhere;
- Reimagine assessments to be meaningful to students;
- Redefine the purpose and vision of education toward human flourishing for each and every student, especially the most underserved;
- Reframe the narrative around what is possible for real change from a systems perspective;
- Research education innovations from national and global best practices; and
- Rethink accountability to empower youth and communities to drive meaningful change from the ground up.