Session Learning Outcomes:
- Learn about the population of English Learners and immigrant families in rural New England and the factors that lead to resettlement in this area.
- Hear about the unique challenges of isolation in teaching, with a focus on the rural teacher of MLLs.
- Explore a model of competency-based professional learning for teachers embedded in a system of peer networking as a way of building camaraderie fighting isolation.
- Laureen Avery, UCLA Center X/ The ExcEL Leadership Academy
- Jason Cervone, UCLA Center X/ExcEL Leadership Academy
- Christopher Clouet, Mitchell College/ExcEL Leadership Academy