- Louisiana’s Northwestern State University initiated the state’s first competency-based education program in higher education.
- National higher education organizations and association executives launched a crowdsourcing competition with a digital credentialing pioneer, funded by the Lumina Foundation, for breakthrough ideas in training and credentialing in for high-demand skills and competencies.
- The Lumina Foundation hosted 126 experts and educators in postsecondary education to discuss new types of learner records that move beyond the transcript. They also released an FAQ on Comprehensive Student Records and Focus Magazine from Fall 2015: Tomorrow’s Transcript.
- Mathematica Policy Research released Competency-Based Education in College Settings: How Students, Institutions, and Workforce Partners Fare.
- AIR released Designing Competency-Based Articulation Agreements: A Framework for State Educational Agencies and Postsecondary Institutions, an interactive guide on how to identify and convene a team of stakeholders who will set the vision and assess the readiness of the state to develop a competency-based articulation agreement with postsecondary institutions.
American Institutes for Research (AIR), Public Agenda and the Competency-Based Education Network (C-BEN) are hosting a webinar on evaluation for the improvement of CBE programs on Monday, December 19, 2016 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET. Register here.
Competency-Based Education Webinar Series
CBE Info announced the continuation of the CBE for Community Colleges webinar series this academic year. The webinars are free to attend.
There is a growing interest in competency-based education (CBE) for higher education as one of the approaches to accelerate students’ progress-to-degree while assuring the quality and validity. The CBEinfo.org webinars will help those that wish to understand how CBE can work and how they can get started on the development of CBE programs at their own institutions.
For more information including speakers, times, and registration, visit here.
- CBE Assessment Delivery and Proctoring, 1/18/2017
- CBE Orientation Courses, 2/15/2017
- CBE Completion Strategies, 3/1/2017
- CBE Transcripting, 4/19/2017