Teachers Making the Shift to Equitable, Learner-Centered Education: Harnessing Mental Models, Motivations, and Moves
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
This webinar was recorded on 10/11/22. You can find the slides here and the recording below.
The traditional “sit and get” classroom will not help us achieve educational equity or promote the deeper learning skills our students need to succeed. The long game of systems-change work is critical to advancing learner-centered education, but how can the system support the transition to learner-centered education through teachers’ mental models, motivations, and moves? The CompetencyWorks report, “Teachers Making the Shift to Equitable, Learner-Centered Education: Harnessing Mental Models, Motivations, and Moves,” provides a comprehensive, research-based response to these questions. In this webinar, authors Wendy Surr, Kim Carter, and Andrea Stewart will explore key recommendations outlined in the report, joined by practitioners Dr. Patrick Hardy and Chanda Hassett to explore what these supports look like in practice.
- Kim Carter, Executive Director, Q.E.D. Foundation, Inc.
- Dr. Patrick Hardy, Principal, Hinsdale South High School, Darien, IL
- Chanda Hassett, 6-12 SPED/MTSS Specialist, Norwalk Community School District, Norwalk, IA
- Andrea Stewart, Founder and CEO, Learning Couture, LLC
- Wendy Surr, Senior Research Consultant