Issues in Practice, Support Professional Learning, Create Enabling Conditions for Competency-Based Education
Transitioning to Remote Learning: Free Online Professional Learning Opportunities for Teachers
This webinar was recorded on .Access Presentation View Slide Deck
VIRTUAL PRE-SYMPOSIUM WEBINAR
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced schools to turn to remote options to educate students. This shift has created major challenges for many who have spent little to no time teaching in an anytime, anywhere modality. This session will dive into six free, two-hour online courses for teachers to thrive through this transition. Attendees will have an opportunity to share the setbacks and steps forward they have witnessed with remote learning and connect these experiences to the free online training.
- Learn of, and experience first-hand, free online training to make teachers’ transition to remote learning less stressful and more effective.
- Learn how to create and distribute digital content and leverage various online tools to assess learning.
- Learn how to meet individual student needs, including social-emotional needs, and how to care for themselves during the transition.
- Dr. Joe Freidhoff, Vice President, Michigan Virtual | @MichiganVirtual
- Dr. Christopher Harrington, Director of Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute, Michigan Virtual | @CHarringtonEdD
- Andrea McKay, Administrator of Instructional Leadership, Michigan Virtual | @McKay_Vikings
- Emily Sicilia, Professional Learning Services Manager, Michigan Virtual | @EmilySicilia