Session Learning Outcomes:
- Gain insight of student-centered learning (SCL) research being conducted in Michigan.
- Compare your own district’s SCL practices with the presenting districts’ programs and consider ways in which they can make learning student-centered.
- Be inspired to find a “coalition of the willing” to take action in your districts and recognize supports teachers may need to create SCL opportunities.
- Lisa Sitkins, Michigan CoOp (MiCoOp)/LSS Connections and Consulting LLC
- Chris Harrington, Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute
- Christa Green, Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute
- Dave Eichberg, Berrien Springs Public Schools
- Chris Davidson, Public Schools of Calumet, Laurium & Keweenaw