- Competency education is gaining momentum in K-12 and higher education. This blog explores the areas where K-12 and higher education appear to be at a confluence.
- The Executive Director at the Institute of Competency-Based Education at Texas A&M, Judith Sebesta, highlights 5 questions to ask when starting a competency education program, detailing tips for a successful framework and lessons learned.
- Parents are among the fastest growing demographic of college students, and the number of child care centers on campus is decreasing. Competency-based education accommodates parents’ schedules and work responsibilities.
Competency-Based Education Webinar Series
CBE Info announced the continuation of the CBE for Community Colleges webinar series this academic year. The webinars are free to attend.
There is a growing interest in competency-based education (CBE) for higher education as one of the approaches to accelerate students’ progress-to-degree while assuring the quality and validity. The CBEinfo.org webinars will help those that wish to understand how CBE can work and how they can get started on the development of CBE programs at their own institutions.
For more information including speakers, times, and registration, visit here.
- CBE Orientation Courses, 2/15/2017
- CBE Completion Strategies, 3/1/2017
- CBE Transcripting, 4/19/2017