- AIR and Eduventures® Research have released the National Survey of Postsecondary Competency-Based Education. We encourage practitioners to take the time to participate.
- This article looks at the dynamics around the Higher Education Act as United States senators cannot come to an agreement.
- California is planning to develop an online community college, but some educators have reservations about the new development and find the new governor’s suggestion controversial.
- Policymakers, practitioners and other stakeholders gathered from 12 different countries for a conference on social and emotional learning.
- The Christensen Institute explores the increase of mergers in higher education and the possible effects in the field.
- The Center for Education and the Workforce at Georgetown recently released Educational Adequacy in the Twenty-First Century “that seeks to define a new outcomes-based earnings standard for all postsecondary education programs. After closely examining the value and cost of college programs, we determined a standard that would allow graduates to attain middle class earnings and recoup their education costs. [The] proposal: within 10 years following graduation, students must attain earnings greater than $35,000 annually above their cost of education.”