As learning designs evolve to better meet students where they are and prepare them for new definitions of success, educators are taking on new roles. Educators play a vital role in the design, development and growth of personalized, competency-based education systems. Teachers and leaders need supports to guide the development of new instructional practices, manage change processes and partner with communities to facilitate collaborative learning. Only by raising and building the capacity of educators and school leaders will we realize the bold vision of systemic transformation toward student-centered learning. Educators across the K-12 education workforce are the most important element of success in the shift to powerful, personalized, competency-based learning.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a cohesive vision for transforming the educator workforce to support a new definition of student success.
- Modernize educator preparation to become competency-based and personalized.
- Diversify pathways into the profession.
- Support invest in capacity-building to equip educators for these new roles.
- Redesign licensure, credentialing, and certification.
November 1, 2018
Moving Toward Mastery: Growing, Developing and Sustaining Educators for Competency-Based Education
July 1, 2019
Modernizing the Teaching Workforce for Learner-Centered, Competency-Based, Equity-Oriented Education: State Policy Recommendations
October 6, 2016