Leaders, educators, policymakers and experts around the world are leading the transformation of K-12 education and redefining student success. They are finding ways to provide students with more opportunities, close opportunity gaps, and better prepare students to lead successful lives.
It is paramount for these changemakers to convene, share what they’re learning, engage in deep conversations about transformative and sustainable change, and collaborate to push thinking and expand the boundaries of learning.
The iNACOL Blended and Online Learning Symposium offers the perfect venue for these innovators to gather and work towards catalyzing K-12 education transformation. These efforts for change are reflected in this year’s theme: “Innovation for Equity + Redefining Success.” The conference is being held in San Antonio, Texas on October 25-28, 2016 and includes the following itinerary of innovative pre-conference workshops, general sessions and workshops.
A Snapshot of Pre-Conference Workshops
All pre-conference workshops are being held on Tuesday, October 25, 2016–the day before general sessions begin. Pre-conference workshops offer attendees an additional professional learning activity designed in small, interactive groups for hands-on, deeper learning.
iNACOL offers both half-day and full-day pre-conference workshops for knowledge building in competency-based, blended and online learning. These highly individualized sessions are not included in the conference package and must be registered for separately. Space is limited to ensure small-group interaction and high-quality professional learning opportunities, so please register for pre-conference workshops as soon as possible.
— Aurora Institute (@Aurora_Inst) July 26, 2016
2016 Pre-Conference Workshops:
- Blended Learning Live!
- Administration and Management of Online Programs
- An Update on Online Learning and Students With Disabilities: Practitioner Perspectives, Research Results and the Legal Landscape
- Are You Ready for Personalized Learning? How to Diagnose Your School or District’s Readiness to Launch Personalized Learning
- Building a Blended School from the Ground Up
- Competency Education Leadership Forum
- Creating an Immersive Project-Based Learning Experience
- How to Launch a Successful and High-Quality Online Learning Program
- K-12 Online and Blended Learning Research Community Meeting
- Policy Advocacy Skills Workshop
- Preparing All Teachers to Teach Coding
- Putting It All Together: How to Create a Personalized System of Education
A Sneak Peak of Symposium Workshops and Sessions
At the iNACOL Symposium, attendees have access to more than 260 workshops and sessions exploring trends and developments in personalized learning. Experts and practitioners share the latest research, promising practices and tools for creating powerful, personalized learning experiences for all students and building understanding to catalyze the transformation of K-12 education.
We categorize each session into one or more tracks to guide your personalized, professional development and best meet your individual needs. Tracks this year include competency education, empowering educators, rethinking assessments, personalized learning, school redesign, and many more.
Highlights of the 2016 presentations:
- Rethinking Educator Learning to Move Toward Competency-Based Learning
- Proving Ground: Using Evidence to Drive Change
- Transforming Education with Learners at the Center
- Strategies to Support Educators in Creating Personalized, Learner-Centered Environments
- Amplifying Teacher Voice to Uncover and Address EdTech Market Gaps
- Bottom Up Strategy to Implement ESSA in New Mexico
- Blended Learning for Secondary Students: How Four Districts are Increasing Student Outcomes
- Diffusing Innovation: Beyond Pockets of Excellence
- T5–A Teen’s Totally Techy Teacher Tools
- The Future of Curriculum and Instructional Tools
For the complete list of this year’s sessions and workshops, please visit our website.
Helpful links for #inacol16:
- Attend the iNACOL Symposium
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Sessions and Workshops
- Keynote Speakers
- Travel and Hotel Information
- Interested in Exhibiting?
- Interested in Sponsoring?