This is the fifth vlog in a series sharing highlights from keynote addresses that will focus on current events and themes in education. This video features the topic of the learning sciences.
Dr. Pamela Cantor, Founder and Senior Science Advisor for Turnaround for Children demonstrates how scientific research can be utilized in school design and practice. Sharing a specific example from a school visit, Dr. Cantor explains how context and environment can directly affect the developing brain of a child. She encourages educators to use this science to change the odds for children.
- What the Learning Sciences Are Teaching Us About Learning – Pt. 1
- Threshold Concept: Synchronizing K-12 Education Policy with the Learning Sciences
- The Science of Learning and Development and Its Implications for Transforming K-12 Education
- Connecting Science with Learning and Human Development
- Building Blocks for Learning